We want to welcome you into the fellowship of Christian believers known as the First United Methodist Church in McCamey, Texas. We are a community of persons who are seeking a deeper relationship with God, through the example of Jesus Christ, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. May you experience God's grace while you are a part of the ministry here at the First United Methodist Church.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

McCamey Community Thanksgiving Service

The annual Community Thanksgiving Service was held tonight in the First UMC sanctuary. 

Thanks to Tandy Adams (First Baptist Church), Pastor Murray Sauder (Eastside Baptist Church) and the hand bell choir from the First UMC for helping to make the service such a meaningful time for all. 

A generous basket of canned goods was received from the congregation which will be given to the food bank at First Baptist Church.
Following the service we gathered in the fellowship hall for a wonderful dessert potluck.  Thanks to the many wonderful people who contributed to this delicious bounty!

1 comment:

  1. It is so great to see this! I served McCamey from 1981 to 1985, and it was one of my most favorite places. The people were friendlier there than in almost any place that I served after that. They are definitely an underappreciated jewel of a community! God bless all of you!
    I am doing well. Elizabeth and I live in San Antonio. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer last Spring, but I am ok so far. I went through 45 radiation treatments over the Summer and I am getting stronger every day.
    I can be found on Facebook and my own blog is listed there as: http://rej-gettingwellagain.blogspot.com/
    Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving...for there is so much to be thankful for!

    Richard Jackson

    ReplyDelete