We want to welcome you into the fellowship of Christian believers known as the First United Methodist Church in McCamey, Texas. We are a community of persons who are seeking a deeper relationship with God, through the example of Jesus Christ, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. May you experience God's grace while you are a part of the ministry here at the First United Methodist Church.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

A prayer for discernment

O Lord,

I do not know what to ask You. You alone know my real needs, and You love me more than I even know how to love. Enable me to discern my true needs which are hidden from me. I ask for neither cross nor consolation; I wait in patience for You.

My heart is open to You. For Your great mercy's sake, come to me and help me. Put Your mark on me and heal me, cast me down and raise me up. Silently I adore Your holy will and Your inscrutable ways.

I offer myself in sacrifice to You and put all my trust in You. I desire only to do Your will. Teach me how to pray and pray in me, Yourself.

--Vasily Drosdov Philaret, c. 1780 - 1867

No comments:

Post a Comment