We want to welcome you into the fellowship of Christian believers known as the First United Methodist Church in McCamey, Texas. We are a community of persons who are seeking a deeper relationship with God, through the example of Jesus Christ, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. May you experience God's grace while you are a part of the ministry here at the First United Methodist Church.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Meditation for Holy Saturday

Today, hell cries out groaning: "I should not have accepted the man born of Mary He came and destroyed my power. He shattered the gates of brass. As God, he raised the souls that I had held captive." Glory to Thy cross and resurrection, O Lord!

Today, hell cries out groaning: "My dominion has been shattered. I received a dead man as one of the dead, but against Him I could not prevail. From eternity I had ruled the dead, but behold, He raises all. Because of Him do I perish." Glory to Thy cross and resurrection, O Lord!

Today, hell cries out groaning: "My power has been trampled upon. The Shepherd is crucified and Adam is raised. I have been deprived of those whom I ruled. Those whom I swallowed in my strength I have given up. He who was crucified has emptied the tomb. The power of death has been vanquished." Glory to Thy cross and resurrection, O Lord!

- from the Orthodox liturgy for Vespers on Holy Saturday

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Remember tomorrow's services:

Community Sunrise Service, 6:30 a.m. at the First UMC.
Breakfast follows the service at El Buen Pastor Church

Easter Service at First UMC, 11:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment