We want to welcome you into the fellowship of Christian believers known as the First United Methodist Church in McCamey, Texas. We are a community of persons who are seeking a deeper relationship with God, through the example of Jesus Christ, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. May you experience God's grace while you are a part of the ministry here at the First United Methodist Church.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 31, 1744

(Cape Cornwall)
The following is the entry in the journal of Charles Wesley for this date in 1744:    "I rode to St. Just. I climbed up and down Cape Cornwall with my brother Meriton [a Methodist lay preacher], to the needless hazard of our necks. I preached in the afternoon to a larger congregation than ever, and continued my discourse till night from Luke xxi 34. The Spirit of love was poured out abundantly, and great grace was upon all. I walked to the Society; stood upon the hill, and sang, and prayed, and rejoiced with exceedingly great joy. I concluded the day and month as I would wish to conclude my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment