We want to welcome you into the fellowship of Christian believers known as the First United Methodist Church in McCamey, Texas. We are a community of persons who are seeking a deeper relationship with God, through the example of Jesus Christ, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. May you experience God's grace while you are a part of the ministry here at the First United Methodist Church.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Advent Devotional for December 16th

Picture taken by the Rev. Jeff Garrison, First Presbyterian Church of Hastings (Michigan)
"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord, more than those who watch for the morning, more than those who watch for the morning." - Psalm 130:5-6
+++++
..."now, leaning far out over an immense depth, letting your name go and waiting, somewhere between faith and doubt for the echoes of its arrival." - R.S. Thomas
+++++
"It is only in renouncing diversion... it is only when the apparent absurdity of life is faced in all truth, that faith actually becomes possible." - Fr. Thomas Merton
+++++
"The simple longing, the simple desire for God, is already the beginning of faith." - Brother Roger of TaizĂ©
+++++
How many years have You been waiting and watching for me to return? While I have been thinking my own waiting for You is futile... You have never given me up. Amen.
(St. Martin-in-the-Fields - 2005 Advent Devotional)

No comments:

Post a Comment