We want to welcome you into the fellowship of Christian believers known as the First United Methodist Church in McCamey, Texas. We are a community of persons who are seeking a deeper relationship with God, through the example of Jesus Christ, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. May you experience God's grace while you are a part of the ministry here at the First United Methodist Church.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Advent Devotional for December 23rd


River Fowey, Cornwall

"Where can I go from your spirit?
Or where can I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there.
If I take the wings of the morning
and settle at the farthest limits of the sea,
even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me fast.
- Psalm 138:7-10
+++++
"You were on board, you set sail,
you have made the harbour.
Step ashore without fear:
nothing is void of God,
not in any place, now or hereafter."
- Marcus Aurelius, Meditations 3:3
++++
As a tree grows, it pushes its frontiers deeper into the soil,
and higher into the sky.
Lord God, help me to believe that wherever I go, you have already gone before. Give me the courage to live with faith and with imagination to the ends of my Earth. Amen.
(St. Martin-in-the-Fields, 2005 Advent Devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment