We want to welcome you into the fellowship of Christian believers known as the First United Methodist Church in McCamey, Texas. We are a community of persons who are seeking a deeper relationship with God, through the example of Jesus Christ, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. May you experience God's grace while you are a part of the ministry here at the First United Methodist Church.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Devotional for the Fourth Sunday of Advent

The Three Stages of Christmas



Stage 1: Christmas as a child:
My brother, sister and I always looked forward to having Santa Claus come and see us on Christmas Eve. The gifts from Santa were always great, and they were the gifts that I had hoped for. As I grew older, the gifts meant more to me because I now realized that those gifts were a product of hard word. My family did not have a lot of money but my dad worked hard to see that we had a great Christmas. The real gift was the pride that my mom and dad had of seeing their children happy.


Stage 2: Christmas as a parent:
When my wife and I became parents we wanted our children to have memorable Christmas mornings. We would work hard Christmas Eve night to make sure every gift was in its place. We had fun preparing the gifts, and we were excited about the thought of watching our children's expressions the next morning. I am so glad that we had four children! I get four times the joy! As I had learned from my parents, the real meaning of Christmas is giving. Our children had given us the greatest gift: Joy!


Stage 3: Christmas as a grandparent:
We have yet to experience this stage. It will come very soon and we will get the opportunity to make someone happy. Maybe our grandchildren will understand the real meaning of Christmas. The joy of giving!

Donny Wiley, First UMC - McCamey

No comments:

Post a Comment